Bienvenue!

Welcome to a new school year at St. Stephen school.  My name is Mme Boudreau and I will be your child`s FSL teacher this year in grade one and two.  Many of your children will already know me as I was a Kindergarten teacher for many years at St. Stephen.  This is my 10th year teaching at St. Stephen school.  I look forward to getting to know each and every one of your children and creating a foundation of literacy, oral language and fun in French!

This blog is here for you to work with your child at home to review some of the songs, poems, and prayers that we will be practicing daily at school.  I will update the ``J`aime Lire`` page of this blog weekly for you to practice reading at home with your child.  I will also include youtube links to the songs we are practicing each month.  

In grades one and two, we speak and write in French every day.  We will be writing in our Journals and French workbooks on a regular basis.  It is important that children write in a second language to help them build the skills they need to feel comfortable speaking and reading in French.  It is my experience as an educator that children who feel comfortable writing in English often translate this skill to writing in French and this helps them become proficient readers bilingually as well.

In grade one, we will be following the ``Jolly Phonics`` program, which introduces a new French sound every week.  I will update this blog with the sound of the week and some of the vocabulary words that we will be working on during our circle time and writing activities.  In grade two, we will introduce high frequency words and begin reading/writing simple texts and phrases.

Social Studies is taught primarily in French in the grade one/two programs.  I will do my best to integrate this subject into our daily French lessons.  In grade one, the focus is on `Community`` and we will be talking about our families, school, town and community helpers.  In grade two, we focus on our Global community, and will talk about what makes Canada special.  I will keep you updated on what we are learning each month and document our learning on this forum.

Please let me and your child`s homeroom teacher know if you do not feel comfortable having their photo included on this blog and I will ensure they are not photographed.

I look forward a new year of learning, laughing and fun in French!

Mme B

Il est parfois bon de le rappeler!


Comments

Popular Posts